- 1½ pounds Star Ranch Angus® boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For dipping sauce, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak crosswise into 1¼ x 1¼ x 1-inch thick strips. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
Season beef (directly from the refrigerator), as desired, before placing beef in a preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water; do not cover.
Find more skillet/pan-frying tips.