From our kitchen to yours:
Heres a new video recipe!
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® Beef Chuck Shoulder Pot Roast (about 3 pounds)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cup water
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 small onions, halved, sliced
- 4 medium shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pitted dates (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat beef with flour. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef. Season with salt and pepper, remove.
- Add water and vinegar to stockpot; cook until browned bits attached to pan are dissolved. Return pot roast. Add onions, shallots and dates; bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook in 325°F oven 2 to 2½ hours or until pot roast is fork-tender. Remove pot roast; keep warm.
- Cook liquid and vegetables over medium-high heat to desired consistency. Serve pot roast with sauce.
Place roast (directly from refrigerator), fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan (the exception is a rib roast; the ribs form a natural rack so a cooking rack isn't needed). Season roast with herbs and seasonings, as desired. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water. Do not cover.