Impress your guests with quality beef and bold flavor.
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® ribeye roast, small end (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 8 teaspoons pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef roast
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1 ¾ to 2 hours for medium-rare; 2 to 2 ½ hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare; 150°F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with sauce.
Serving suggestions: roasted fingerling potatoes, steamed asparagus and baby carrots.
Rubs can be applied just before cooking. For more pronounced flavor, apply rub to beef, then refrigerate for several hours.